Saturday, January 26, 2008

oh god it burns

Acute conjunctivitis. I chemically burned my right eye with some hydrogen peroxide. (Not on purpose, of course.) Last night my lenses were feeling a little dry, so I went in the bathroom to soak them before meeting up with Jen. I didn't want my eyes to be irritated while I was hanging out with her. I apparently picked up the wrong bottle and spent the larger part of the next minute hunched over trying to claw the burning out of my head. Yeesh. It sorta worked out, though, since my lenses were very effectively moistened by all the crying. So if I look weird Monday, this is why.

In work news, I made great progress Friday. I consolidated the print list and media lists in my reserve tracking database and solved a problem with report generation that I'd been wrangling with all week. Up until then I had been trying to heat one pot on two burners and not having much luck at all. I processed a bunch of e-reserves also; it was a good day. Patron traffic was about average.

No comments: